Monday, September 28, 2009

Well I Did It.....................



Well another 5K is in the book!!!! I have never (and still don't) consider myself a runner and here I have actually completed 2!!! There is a third one planed for next month in good ole Cache Valley Utah, so I am hoping that my schedule will allow.
It is so true when they say....'one step at a time.' When I started this process a mile seemed so out of reach and now.................well a mile is 'almost' easy. Will I ever become a runner? I don't know, but I am certainly enjoying the journey. And in the end that is what truly matters. I don't have to win. I just have to complete. And in so many ways .... 'just endure to the end." As I write this I am reminded of the quote, "I never said it would be easy.....I only said it would be worth it." Running isn't easy but it is worth it. Infertility isn't easy, but the lessons learned (and still learning) are by all means worth it. By no means is my 'infertility' journey over and I sense that in a lot of ways it never will be, however I think it is how we handle the journey that really matters.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that's sooo great! Is it true that you get to really "love" running? It looks so simple, but when this old lady trots, I go for about a half a block before I stop and resume walking! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete