Monday, February 16, 2009

Finding Some Peace

When I get over whelmed with life I find that the best thing for me is to get outside. This weekend I did exactly that. I grabbed my snow shoes and headed out.




I am blessed to live in a beautiful area. An area where it doesn't take me long to get away from people and civilization. In just a few short minutes I was parked near Strawberry and started my short trek through the snow.



It doesn't take the hurt away but being surrounded by the beauty and the quiet everything at least for the moment seems okay. That everything has its place. Even the hurt and the emptiness.




I can't help but think of the poem "Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost. Here is just a part of it.


The woods are lovely, dark and deep.



But I have promises to keep,



And miles to go before I sleep,



And miles to go before I sleep.



1 comment:

  1. Your photos are so beautiful and peaceful. We are very blessed to live in this part of the world and to be able to go, to think, to cry and simply enjoy the quiet..sending yo good thought this week!

    ReplyDelete