Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Taking Chance"



I am getting ready to send off letters to my adopted soldiers (www.soldiersangels.org) yet I find myself overcome with emotions. When I came into work this morning there was an article with numerous copies throughout the facility. The article was entitled "Taking Chance" and it was about the ultimate sacrifice of one young Marine and his journey home. My simple words cannot do this young man or any of our fallen heroes justice. The war and the chaos that it reaps seems worlds away yet knowing this young man was from Wyoming brought the war home. It is my fervent belief that our country is not only safer but in so many ways better because of the deeds of our military. Our simple mundane tasks of daily life are possible because of the countless sacrifice of so many.
I pray that all that in our service be protected from harm that all might return safely home. I also pray that we don't forget their sacrifice as we are truly indebted to them for all time.
Semper Fi
John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
Mosiah 2:17 "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings
ye are only in the service of your God."
**If you would like to learn more about LCPL. Chance Phelps please visit

1 comment:

  1. The ultimate sacrifice. My prayers are with all of or soldiers. May this war end soon and bring them all home in victory.

    ReplyDelete