Monday, February 9, 2009

My Adopted Soldiers

For the past several months I have belonged to an organization called Soldier's Angels (www.soldiersangels.org). It is a charity organization that sends cards and care packages to our much deserving military. I honestly didn't know how much joy I would receive by participating. I also do not expect any replies as I know our military down time is limited and that they have family who need to be kept up to date.
Today, however, I got a pleasant surprise in my mail. It was a letter from a group of Marines that I had sent a care package to. I was informed that this group was in need of some support and I gladly accepted. Marines hold a special place in my heart so I was happy and eager to help. I also tend to get teary eyed and sappy and it was no different as I read their letter. These young men belong to the EOD Section (the USMC Bomb Squad). They basically take apart the roadside bombs when they are found! I would like to share a part of the letter..........
"I can tell you that we have made a difference out here, regardless of what the media says. The Iraqi's have taken back their country and our country is much safer because of that. We enjoy what we do and are very proud to be a part of such a great nation...."
All I can add is that it is an honor and a privilege to serve these great young men. May the good Lord bless them and keep them all safe from harm.

Semper Fi

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing to do - you are their angel and they are ours as well. My brother (who's going to be 60) was a Marine so I too have a soft-spot. I'll click on the link too.

    Thanks for stopping by - I've added you to my sidebar - I'd like others to come visit you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined!!!! Thanks for the link - I'm excited to get started. I have a young man in the Army named Brandon - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Les - How cool is that! You are such a angel to alot of people. You are just a very special girl. I miss seeing you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete