Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Great Day

and that is EXACTLY what I did! Scott and I had to drive out of town today and everything was just perfect. Living in such a rural area you have to travel to get to the nearest Wal-Mart, Target, Sam's Club, and pretty much any other chain store one can think of. Traveling that distance, which for me, is more then an hour and fifteen minutes allows for some deep conversation at times. Today was one of those days.

It will not come as a surprise to those reading this that I had basically lost hope of having a family. I had started to gear my thinking that it was just going to be "just" the two of us. I was starting to except that I would never hear the words "Mommy I Love You".


Today, I got a glimmer of hope

we spoke openly and candidly about adoption. Adoption has always held a dear place in my heart as my wonderful little brother is adopted. He is not only my brother but he is also one of my dearest and closest friends.

We had started the adoption process many years ago with a particular agency. I had no idea of the emotional roller coaster that just the paper work could and did cause. There was other reasons in which I will not go into detail. Suffice it to say we have not pursued it since. Right or wrong.....we simply cannot go back and change that.

The good news is; that door is being reopened and that hope is starting to come back!



2 comments:

  1. This is the most wonderful post - isn't it wonderful how a little trip - together in close quarters- can bring forth the safety and comfort of good talks? Mr. B and I love
    road trips" together - we do talk like {somehow} we don't at home. Maybe it's all the distractions of "home" or something. Whatever- my heart and prayers are following your discoveries - you are amazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't just like God to show you that the doors that we once thought were shut can be reopened? This story is far from being finished, little sister, be assured that you and Scott are always in our thoughts and prayers that in hopes of one day your wish for a family will be granted.
    Love from
    Your sister

    ReplyDelete